RRB Group D and ALP Exam Tips: Every year, the Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) publishes the notification for recruiting the candidates in various posts. This year also, the board has released the notification as ‘Railways RRB recruitment 2018-19’.
It is a golden opportunity for all those job seekers who want to work in Indian Railways. The recruitment exam is scheduled to be held in the month of Aug/Sep- 2018. The aspirants who have applied against the notification, have hardly much time left for the preparation.
In this article, we will get an effective preparation strategy for RRB Group D exam and Assistant Loco Pilot (ALP) / Technician exam. First of all, we should know all about ‘RRB Group D recruitment 2018’.
How to Prepare for RRB Group D 2018 Exam
You can get the preparation tips for RRB group d exam below. But before this please read the recruitment details.
RRB Group D recruitment 2018
Indian Railways has depicted entrance exam for 62,907 posts as ‘RRB Group D recruitment 2018’.
The selection procedure comprises of three stages as follows-
- Computer-based test (CBT): This would be an online test of 1 hour 30 mins consisting of 100 Multiple Choice Question (MCQ).
- Physical Efficiency Test (PET): Candidate’s physical abilities will be tested separately for men and women.
- Document verification: Verification of documents will be done, once the applicant clears the Computer Based Test (CBT).
The exam duration is of 90 mins and there will be negative marking for the incorrect answer in the Computer Based Test (CBT). 1/3 of the marks are deducted for each wrong answer.
There are 100 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) of Mathematics, General Science, General Intelligence & Reasoning, General awareness of current affairs will be asked.
RRB Related Posts:
|RRB Important Question Papers|
|RRB Exam Dates|
|RRB Exam Pattern|
|RRB Exam Syllabus|
|RRB Ajmer Admit Card|
|2.||Decimal & fractions|
|6.||Ratio & proportions|
|7.||Time & distance|
|8.||LCM & HCF|
|9.||Time & work|
|11.||Profit & loss|
|12.||Simple and Compound interest|
|14.||Geometry and Trigonometry|
|15.||Square and square roots|
|17.||Pipes and cisterns|
|18.||Calendars and clocks|
- General intelligence and reasoning
|2.||Similarities and differences|
|3.||Coding and decoding|
|4.||Conclusion and decision making|
|10.||Data interpretation and sufficiency|
|11.||Statements- arguments and assumptions|
|15.||Alphabetical and number series|
- General awareness and current affairs
|1.||Science & technology|
|7.||Awards and medals|
|9.||Specific dates and days|
- General science
|1.||Physics (class 10th level)|
|2.||Chemistry (class 10th level)|
|3.||Biology (class 10th level)|
|4.||Life sciences (class 10th level)|
|8.||Inventions and discoveries|
|9.||Computer & mobile technology|
|11.||Astronomy and space technology|
State Wise Jobs:
Preparation Strategy for RRB Group D and ALP
- Applicants should plan the topics in such a way that you finish the static , dynamic and theoretical part of the syllabus timely.
- This will give you an ample time for revision in the remaining days and will also provide you to understand your strength and weakness better.
- In your study plan you should include mock tests and schedule them more and more on regular intervals. The practicing of these mock tests online, will help you prepare better for Computer Based Test (CBT).
- After you give each mock test, it helps you to analyze your performance in order to improve your scores. So , ensure that you revise your preparation strategy based on the performance of your mock test and analysis.
- For Current -affairs , General Science and General awareness part require a lot of rote memorization and to do well in this part ‘repetition’ is the key. These sections are very important as you can score well in them with practice on daily basis covering all the important topics.
- As the exam dates are coming closer you should prepare on your exam attempt strategy. As it can make the difference between a successful and a failed attempt.
- If you have prepared well but haven’t worked on your exam attempt strategy you cannot perform well during the exam.
- The mock tests and practice sets are the best tools to prepare you for this.
- The last year papers, cut off marks and your personal assessment will help you decide the order of attempt of question.
- You should have a rough idea of which topics to attempt first and the max. amount of time you will spend on each question.
- This all will help you manage your time and boost your marks. Hence, the proper preparation could be the key to clear the ‘RRB Group D recruitment exam’.
Now , let us turn towards the exam details and preparation strategy of RRB ALP/ Technician.
ALP/ Technician Recruitment 2018
Indian Railways has advertised the notification for the recruitment of eligible candidates in the vacant posts of ‘Assistant Loco Pilot’ and ‘Technician’ for the year 2018. There are more than 26,000 vacancies for these posts.
The selection process for the post of RRB ALP/ Technician comprises of the three stages as follows-
- Computer based test (CBT) – I Stage: This would be an online test of 60 mins consisting of 75 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ).
- Computer based test (CBT) – II Stage: The other level of CBT would be of 2 hour 30 mins comprises two parts- Part A and Part B. There would be a total of 100 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) in Part A and 75 questions in Part B.
- Computer base aptitude test (only for ALP) : The applicants who have applied for the post of Assistant Loco Pilot (ALP) ,would have to appear for this online Aptitude test.
- Document verification: Verification of documents will be done , once the applicant clears the Computer Based Test (CBT).
- Stage I -Computer based test (CBT)
|Subject||No. of questions||Time duration|
|General Intelligence and reasoning|
|General Awareness on current affairs|
- Stage II – Computer based test (CBT)
|Part||Subject||No. of questions||Time duration|
|Part A||Mathematics||100||90 minutes|
|General Intelligence and reasoning|
|Basic Science & Engineering|
|General Awareness on current affairs|
|Part B||Relevant trade||75||60 minutes|
|Total||175 questions||2 hours 30 mins|
- 1/3 of the marks allotted for each question shall be deducted for each wrong answer.
- If you have applied for Assistant Loco Pilot (ALP) and qualified for Second Stage- CBT will have to appear for Computer Based Aptitude Test and later on for Document verification.
Same as mentioned above for RRB Group D recruitment exam.
Preparation Strategy for RRB ALP/Technician
Only the knowing of syllabus and exam pattern is not enough, you should have a well planned Preparation- strategy for the upcoming Assistant Loco Pilot (ALP) and Technician recruitment exam.
- Once you go through your exam pattern and other details , you should know the syllabus of the exam, essentially.
- The knowledge of -subjects i.e. Mathematics, General Intelligence and reasoning, General Awareness on current affairs and General science; types of questions, exam duration, difficulty level, weightage to the topics, etc. should be known then you are good to go.
- It is also essential that you know the syllabus of the relevant trade , from which 75 questions are asked in Stage II -Computer based test (CBT).
- It is essential for you to prepare with previous year papers and practice sets. This will provide you an idea of what will be asked in the actual exam and the language of questions.
- You should prepare your own notes and revise them timely to memorize the basic details of each sub topic.
- Mathematics and reasoning part needs more and more practice so you should maintain the time management for each subject. So that
- You should plan your preparation strategy as per your weakness and your strengths. The topics you find difficult will be provided with some more time comparison to the easy going topics.
- Timely attempting the mock tests would help you judge your preparation. So , make a habit solving maximum questions online, through the mock test series.
- Make sure to enhance your accuracy and speed as well. This would be possible only when you practice more and more.
- The exam strategy shall be very clear as in terms of attempting the number of questions, the amount of time you will spend on each section, etc. because even if you are prepared well but do not have any exam strategy ,it would not work.
- So the planning of preparation as well as of attempting of exam should be very transparent. This will make your perform better in the exam.
Here , in this page you all are provided with an overview of the Preparation strategy of RRB Group- D exam and ALP/Technician exam 2018. Hope, you would prefer it for your preparations.